Saturday, January 31, 2009

Kerala Mist


At least that's what I've named my newest favourite beverage from Starbucks :) They have finally started calling their tea lattes, London Fogs, like everyone else. I never could remember what they called them - I just asked for 'whatever you call your London Fog' when I ordered.
London Fogs on their own are lovely - Earl Grey tea & vanilla syrup latte. If you know me, you'll know I love using spices in, well, everything. So, to take the London Fog up a notch, I ask for (& I recommend you do the same, if you love the seductive flavours of Chai) the Tazo Chai Tea bags instead of the Earl Grey. It gets spicier the longer you take to drink it......so take your time! This is much better than the usual Chai Tea Latte offered by Starbucks, in my opinion - I find the premade mix a bit icky - too sweet, not enough spice. Try ordering it as a 'Kerala Mist' - maybe we'll start something :)
Today was a bustling day at the Market - the busiest since before Christmas. The Spring-like weather factored into it, I am sure. If you didn't make it to Market this weekend, try to make it next Saturday for our Snowflake Festival - there will be snowflake-making & face painting for the little ones, assisted by the Saskatoon Blades, busking..........all part of the Winter Shines festivities. Hope to see you there!
michelle

No comments: